Sunday, September 13, 2009

Summer Reading

I had not actively read an independent reading book since sixth grade and I was not very excited to start reading this summer. My parents didn't really care about that when they told me I had to finish two books this summer, then they told me about a book they both read, and suggested (well, forced me to) read. The book was Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, a novel written by Jonathan Safran Foer. The book dives immediately into the plot, in which the reader learns of the main character's love for his father, Thomas. But like any good story, something has to go wrong; and just as the reader gets to know Thomas and his parenting, he tragically dies in the attacks of 9/11. The story then follows Oskar, as he finds a key belonging to his father, that he believes will help him learn more about his dad, and even his death. But of course no story can be complete without a strange romance: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close follows the love life of Oskar's grandparents, who were separated before the birth of Thomas. To follow Oskar's journey, fatherless, young, and naive, to understand more about his deceased father check out Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer.

2 comments:

  1. Did you enjoy the book? I'm glad you were disciplined enough to finish it. Were you read another book by Foer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would, but not soon. It was good, but his writing style was a bit tough to read but over all it was a good book.

    ReplyDelete