Thursday, September 24, 2009
First Weekly Post
So far, actively reading an independent book is going significantly better than I thought it would. Since independent reading in class on Friday, I've managed to also get through another twenty or thirty pages. The book I'm reading is The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown. It is a truly captivating story. Since the third page I felt like I was just watching another episode of 24 -- which happens to be the best show on TV. This book has it all: just 80 pages into it, there's already a murder, a suspect, and a major conflict for the main character. Another really cool thing that sets The DaVinci code apart from other books is the fact that (at least so far) it takes place in the llourve. The reason that the setting makes this book stand out is the fact that during the course of the story, the reader gets a brief look into the artistic world. Lacking all talent in art possible, I had no reason to want to learn more about art. Yet finding out more while reading the course of this book only makes it more interesting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment