Thursday, April 8, 2010
Hunger Game
The first book I read this quarter was Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Overall I thought it was interesting, but not very exciting to read. I didn't feel as challenged with vocab as I had been in many other books that I read. Not to say it was too easy, but it was one of the less challenging books I've read. With that said, it was still a very captivating story, one that I think pokes fun at the American way of life. All though we don't host a "hunger games", it ridicules the rule of television, showing what people will do for money, recognition, and fame -- in games like Survivor and The Amazing Race. The portrayal of Katniss and Peeta (yes the names are kind of odd) as star-crossed lovers continues to mock the ideals of american society; much of present day entertainment is advertised by the romantic connections between characters. All said and done, I would recommend it, but not to someone looking for a challenge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment