Sunday, May 23, 2010

Where Men Win Glory

A little behind schedule, still I'm done with my first book.

Pat Tillman. It's nearly impossible to describe him in words that due him justice but I'll do my best. From Krakauer's description, Pat is nearly impossible not to like. He gave everyone he encountered a fair shot. He was known for challenging people to advanced discussion in which he challenged their religious and intellectual beliefs, making them really think. I bet you can't name too many football players that do that. Furthermore, he was incredibly passionate about his sport. From a young age, Tillman was told he would not make it very far in football due to his size. Because of this, Tillman worked his hardest to advance in football and it only drove him to success.

Tillman is an inspiration to, and the thought that the Government manipulated his story enrages me. If he were here, Pat would also be disgusted by the Government's propaganda.

No comments:

Post a Comment