Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Last Lecture

This book was different than many of the others I've read. This is one of the few that doesn't seem to match Ms. O'Brien's model for student's independant reading -- that is, it doesn't feature any rape or mental problems. That being said it is still a great book. Randy Pausch reflects on his life, which despite the lack of conflict, is still realitively interesting. Pausch offers his prospective on just about everything from raising children, to teaching students, to success with a career. Pausch focuses on 2 major ideas: working to acheive your goals and being easy to work with. He's come up with unique lesson plans to instill this idea in his students minds.

I personally find him very easy to agree with. He focuses a lot on not letting "brick walls" get in your way, which, although I would never phrase it like that, I do agree with that philosophy. It's a shame that Pausch couldn't have been around later to instill these ideas in his kids too.

No comments:

Post a Comment