Thursday, October 15, 2009

Week 4: A secret Civilization

My fourth week of Independent reading (going strong, so far I've read more this year than all of 7th 8th or 9th grade, I'm impressed), took me to a new world of an ancient mystery. In these chapters, Robert Langdon -- a harvard professor who works with symbology and renaissance art -- learned from french police cryptologist, Sophie Neveu that Sanuiere (if you recall he is the murdered curator of the Llouve) belonged to a secret organization. This secret organization was started in the 11th century and greatly impacted by the work of Leonardo Da Vinci. Carrying a well kept secret, crucial in the catholic religion, members of this organization kept its presence little known. Langdon explained a history involving the secret they protect which includes a great deal of violence and blood shed. As the story progresses, the reader is left curious what this could possibly have to do with a murder 500 years later of a prominenant man in the world of art. Additionaly while all this happens, a meeting takes place between the Pope and the archbishop of Opus Dei. I am anxious for independent reading in class tomorrow where I will get the chance to see how this all unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment