Thursday, October 29, 2009

Week 5: Not Where I Want to be

As the quarter comes to an end (only one week after this one), this post is a little more about me as a reader than the book. As I thought about independent reading, more than anything, I felt disappointed. I thought about what I'd gotten done this quarter and must say I'm not pleased. I have worked much harder this year in English (and all my other classes too), yet I still fell behind in a critical area, independent reading. With a requirement of 3 books, I only managed to read 1 this quarter. I started Da Vinci Code knowing it counted as 1 and a half books. I am definitely far enough along to consider it one book, but to my standards, ms. O'Brian's standards and my parents standards that is not enough. I am nearly finished with The Da Vinci Code, and plan to finish it during the weekend (I have also been reading during the weeks too, just apparently not enough). I plan to then finish one book (The Five People You meet in Heaven) by Wednesday (we have Tuesday off, it's doable). Then, I'll do my best to get somewhere in Kite Runner (if possible). One thing's for sure though. As we roll into next quarter, I will do my best to not let this happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment