Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Week 2: Maybe it was good being sick
Waking up on Monday with a 102 fever didn't seem like it had any bright side. After feeling a little better, and exhausting everything on my Tivo, I figured I might as well read. I finally got a book done in a reasonable time. So far I've enjoyed most of the books I read this year. Five people you meet in heaven, Extremely loud and Incredibly close, and the Da Vinci Code. Of these, five people you meet in heaven was probably the most thought provoking. This book really got you thinking, especially while reading the inferno. It's very interesting to consider Albom's theory that Heaven is a reflection point, and people can look back on their lives. It's also interesting to see how much the main character, Eddie, grew in his (although never defined) relatively short time in heaven. He managed to forgive his Dad for mistakes made over a 30+ year period, re- fall in love with his wife, validate his thinking from while he was at war, and learn what happened to him in the Philippines causing his permanent leg injury. This book is a must-read classic, one that I feel I will not soon forget!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment