If I haven't made it clear enough as is, I cannot recommend this book highly enough. This was one of the greatest books I have ever read.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Kite Runner....WOW!
Hands down, The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hossieni was by far the greatest book I have read in a long time. Second only to the Harry Potter series I cannot find the right words to describe how perfect of a book this was. The novel kept the reader on the edge of their seat as they cogitate on Amir's different options for dealing with each of the many problems that arose during the book. In addition to boasting one of the greatest stories I've ever read, I also learned a lot of life lessons from The Kite Runner. The first of which, is the most cliched over-taught life lesson, yet I do not think I understood it that well until I read Kite Runner: don't take things for granted. As I learned of Amir's different struggles -- or even worse, Hassan's -- I began to see how even in the most difficult of times the boys made themselves happy with simple pleasures (flying kites, Amir's marriage to Soraya, writing stories) instead of relying on the fancy luxurious lifestyle Baba provided. Additionally I learned how difficult it is to understand a person unless you know them well. For example, Baba, who in America would have been looked down on as the poor immigrant working in a gas station, was hailed as a hero in his country for acts that extend beyond selflessness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment